Recently stolen Reiss Muller eBike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Googles_2

About 2 weeks ago my Riese Müller eBike was stolen from outside my front door, where in was chained to a permanent metal rack. Since the bike chain could not be broken, the thieves disconnected the rear wheel; then made off with the (now) one-wheeled cycle. Consequently, it may happen that you will see a frame-only sale offer; or, stripped down components.

(Glasgow area)

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
About 2 weeks ago my Riese Müller eBike was stolen from outside my front door, where in was chained to a permanent metal rack. Since the bike chain could not be broken, the thieves disconnected the rear wheel; then made off with the (now) one-wheeled cycle. Consequently, it may happen that you will see a frame-only sale offer; or, stripped down components.

(Glasgow area)

Ouch.

They must have wanted it badly.

The rear wheel could easily be replaced, but the thieves will know the bike is still something of a dead loss without a key to the battery and a charger.

Having said that, Riese and Muller bikes support on bike charging, so your bike - with a new rear wheel - could be sold as 'lost keys and charger'.

Riese and Muller do fit decent bike bits, so I reckon a strip down and components sale is more likely.

The lock could be drilled to release the battery undamaged, which is the most valuable single component, saleable for a few hundred quid.

At least you got to keep the Rohloff hub - if the bike had one.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

(Glasgow area)

Got any pics? I’ll keep my eyes peeled if you have or if you can give a description, particularly of any unusual parts. Also worth circulating on twitter where it‘ll get picked up by a big local audience.

Top Bottom