Recently..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

I was on a ride and about 6-10 mls in I was on a really long straight...

And was gonna take a pic of how bloody long the road was THEN these; went past..

IMG0083A.jpg

2 MTB'ers - as id slowed up due to messing witht he phone on the cycle path which was deserted..

Then they turned it in to a race...

Immediately after the pic was taken i drafted them, they where starting to put the power on - i took a few turns but they kept turning the speed up ! which made me wonder why as I was going soo far but I decided to play... :biggrin:

We eventually got to the next town (5ml's later) which we where doing 25mph towards and arrived at...I was feeling great due to not doing the chainy that night so it wasnt a problem for me...i said "are you going to the next town" [about 10mls away], (after the one we where in') to which they replied 'well, we've just been the pub so where going back..'

Didnt look to pleased with my, carrying on - question though.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Is that the East Lancs Rd Yenners?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

No Rainford bypass heading 'north' to ormskirk...then went southport and cut back thru lanes to house...a nice 60 ! :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
In which case, you might find this useful.

When I went, I thought I'd misread the tables as I could see an awful lot of water on approaching. But it was the large boating lake :biggrin:.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Yeah thats right Longs - there's a small boating lake just 'onland' from the beach area...so going by the day calculus the tide should be low'ish !

Thanks.

Top Bottom