Recipe Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I know some of you are self classified "foodies" so I thought I would put it to the test....

I can cook and am quite good, but I have a recipe range of about 15-20 dishes including 4 or 5 BBQ variations that I tend to stick to. I bought some whole Sea Bass yesterday and was going to do it on the BBQ... any helpful advice/recipe guidance?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Keep the heat low. You want slow, even cooking rather than burnt skin and raw insides. Cut down to the backbone every inch or so, to help the heat permeate. Stuff the gut cavity with flavouring of some kind - a wedge of lemon and some herbs perhaps.

Alternatively, wrap in foil with a bit of wine, a bit of lemon and some herbs and bake on the barbie rather than grill.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Cheers, I do both methods with Trout, Salmon and Snapper, any ideas on 'flavourings' for them?

montage

God Almighty
Wigsie said:
I know some of you are self classified "foodies" so I thought I would put it to the test....

I can cook and am quite good, but I have a recipe range of about 15-20 dishes including 4 or 5 BBQ variations that I tend to stick to. I bought some whole Sea Bass yesterday and was going to do it on the BBQ... any helpful advice/recipe guidance?

No

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Wigsie said:
Cheers, I do both methods with Trout, Salmon and Snapper, any ideas on 'flavourings' for them?

I'd use some herbs (fresh if you've gottem), bit of olive oil, a clove of garlic (peeled and halved) and maybe a chunk of lemon. Chuck that lot inside the fish, wrap it in foil and give it 5-10 minutes on each side, depending how big it is.
Jamaican Jerk seasoning works well too, but I tend to use that on tuna.

Top Bottom