recomend a pump.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
I only have a very rubbish pump.

I suspect I'm riding my bike up Sheffields hills with under inflated tyres!

Can anyone recomend a good pump with a pressure gague, or is it best to but a sparate gague?

Nufab

Über Member
Track pump or one you can fit to the bike? If its a track pump, the Lezyne floor drives are very good.

Nebulous

Guru
You are best with two pumps - a track pump at home and a portable to carry with you.

Track pumps - as well as the Lezyne there is the Joe Blow - but here's such a good deal it's hard to pass up.

EBC track pump

Sale price this weekend only - so you'll need to be quick.

soulful dog

Veteran
You are best with two pumps - a track pump at home and a portable to carry with you.

Track pumps - as well as the Lezyne there is the Joe Blow - but here's such a good deal it's hard to pass up.

EBC track pump

Sale price this weekend only - so you'll need to be quick.
I'll add a recommendation for the EBC track pump. Bought it in the sale last year and for less than a tenner it seems terrific value.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
In track pumps the Joe Blow Sport II is the best I've ever used. Rock solid and quick with an easy to read gauge - it caters for both Schrader and Presta valves.

When I'm on the road I struggle to get much more than 50psi out of my Topeak Master Blaster so I'm currently considering replacing it with a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HP.

Nebulous

Guru
When I'm on the road I struggle to get much more than 50psi out of my Topeak Master Blaster so I'm currently considering replacing it with a Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HP.

I'm surprised at that. I have a cheap argos pump I carry in my back pocket that my wife picked up for around £4. With a degree of effort I can get my tyre up to about 85psi. I don't think thats enough for me, as I usually run at 120, but I rose in the morning of day 2 of a mini tour to a flat and after repairing it I managed to do another 95 miles on it.

I've intended getting a better one, but opinion seems split as to whether any of them are up to the job, so I haven't bothered.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Pop down to Sheffield's Decathlon store and buy a track pump. I bought the SKS Air Express, comes with an accurate guage, I use it for my car too.

For out and about the Specialized Road Tool is a good buy for £10 Got mine from JE James Sheffield.

http://www.bikeradar...ool-road-33670/

Top Bottom