Recommend a cycling novel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mr Tom - Chris sidwells, not a novel but a fine read. The debate is between him and Millar (Miller?) as for Britain's best cyclist

'ere Chuffy, found you a nice website :thumbsup:

Crackle said:
Mr Tom - Chris sidwells, not a novel but a fine read. The debate is between him and Millar (Miller?) as for Britain's best cyclist

'ere Chuffy, found you a nice website :thumbsup:

Oh god I'm annoyed just thinking about it. :biggrin:
Eat banananana. Comment on being a girl. Change a layer. Comment on being small. Change a layer. Eat banananananana. Change a layer. Backcomb hair. Change a layer. Repeat for several hundred bloody annoying pages. AAARGHH!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Chuffy said:
[/b]
Oh god I'm annoyed just thinking about it. :thumbsup:
Eat banananana. Comment on being a girl. Change a layer. Comment on being small. Change a layer. Eat banananananana. Change a layer. Backcomb hair. Change a layer. Repeat for several hundred bloody annoying pages. AAARGHH!!!!! :biggrin::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:sad:

Actually the Wind in My Wheels has a fairly harrowing account of someone trying to rape her. But then it reverts to type.

Did you read any of her news pages? She's a mother now you know and has a camper van. All good stuff :angry:

Dave5N

Über Member
Abitrary said:
what's that like? It looks quite quirky

Buy it and post a review?

simonali

Guru
Abitrary said:
what's that like? It looks quite quirky

Not read it, but I do have a copy somewhere. I bought it for the missus years ago and she won't read it as it looked boring to her. It's just fluffy chick lit stuff with a story based around the big race I'd say from the cursory glance I've given it.

I only suggested it as a joke and because it is a novel, not a non-fiction.

simoncc

Lark Rise to Candleford, currently being serialised on TV has a couple of pages about cycling in it.Apparently cycling club outings in the 1890s were led by a cyclist with a bugle to warn of their approach, and it was a custom to send a telegram from the farthest point away from home on a day's ride to both prove that you were OK and that you had actually cycled so far.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
[/B]
Oh god I'm annoyed just thinking about it. :smile:
Eat banananana. Comment on being a girl. Change a layer. Comment on being small. Change a layer. Eat banananananana. Change a layer. Backcomb hair. Change a layer. Repeat for several hundred bloody annoying pages. AAARGHH!!!!! :biggrin::angry::smile::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I agree with everything you say, but i still rather like Josie Dew!! The first one is by far the best...and the attempted rape story is pretty awful!!! I enjoy them in an easy-to-read kind of way...

Top Bottom