Recommend a rack bag!

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Morrisette, 19 Jul 2007.

1. Hi,

I am looking for a rack bag for general commuting, which when removed from the bike looks OK to carry around town. I've had a look on Wiggle - I wasn't inspired - it may be that such an item does not exist. Ideally I'd like it to:

Cost less than 50 quid
    Be easy to attach/detach from the bike (clips? Velcro? I've seen them with velcro but is it strong enough?)
    Be about small laptop bag size or smaller - but maybe a bit deeper
    Be waterproof/resistant, or come with a cover
    Have a shoulder strap and handles
    Have small pockets and a larger main compartment
    Look OK off the bike when carried by a girl.

Too much to ask?? Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks!

M.

2. dmoura

dmoura New Member

I have the 2008 or 2009 version of the Vaude Cycle 30. It is maybe bigger than what you want and also more expensive.
    It is a pannier that converts into a backpack and lets you carry a 15'' laptop. Usually I carry in as a pannier in my hand, but if I need to walk considerable distances I convert it into a backpack. It includes a rain cover and the fixing system is fast and easy.

It seems that there is now a smaller version (Cycle 25) for about 60£, but I only did a quick search. Maybe you can find a better offer (if it serves your needs):
    http://www.actionoutdoors.co.uk/outdoor_gear/Urban_Line_Bike_Bags.html

3. Ravenbait

Ravenbait Someone's imaginary friend

Do you mean pannier or rack top bag?

Sam

4. dmoura

dmoura New Member

It is a pannier, it attaches to the side of the rack. I only use one bag, typically, in the left side of the the bike.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice