Recommend a rear wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a Giant Defy Advanced 2 which I use mainly for training rides and sportives.

It came with Mavic Aksiums and the noisy freewheel (a known issue) is getting on my tits.

Im looking to swap out the rear with a new wheel. Budget probably about £200 tops.

Any suggestions welcome.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I know about the Mavic hub. If you think that is noisy then you haven't heard the hope Pro hubs.

For £200 you can get a better than just a budget wheel. See my signature and pm me if you want to discus wheels ^_^

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will have to go with shimano for quiet freehubs. Get a pair as odd wheels look a mess. Mavics arent that loud compared to Hope, Campag and Fulcrum.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I got a set of Fulcrum Racing 7s two months ago and fitted them last week. Freehub is so unbelievably quiet that no-one can hear me coming up behind them. I've never had such quiet wheels.

Neil, I wouldn't describe Mavic hubs as a issue but fwiw out of the wheels I've had, anything with sealed bearings has been noisy but anthing with cup and cones has been silent. I think I prefer the sealed type myself a bit more fit and forget and the freewheel is useful for gently alerting peds.

VamP

Banned
My Fulcrums are so loud they scare the neighbours.

My wheels are so loud they set off car alarms.

Top Bottom