Recommend an mp3+mp4 player?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Beanz has a birthday approaching and I'd very much like to get her an mp3 and mp4 player. My mp3 player is quite old, and pre-iPod, and I use it mainly for the radio it has on it, so not sure what's about nowadays. She would want to listen to music and be able to watch videos, look at photos. Radio not essential really.

Daughter has an 8gb iPod nano thingy which seems quite good.

I've found this one with good reviews too -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-NWZA81...4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216403591&sr=1-4

She's told me not to spend too much, which I take to mean under £100 (kitchen renovations are still underway!)

Does anyone have one they use and would reccommend?

Night Train

Maker of Things
I was going to recommend the Sony in your link.
My ex's son got one and was very pleased with it until he put it through the washing machine. He then got another one the same to replace it so I presume he didn't find anything better to replace it.

Rob S

The Sony linked above has a very good reputation, particularly for sound quality...and the price listed is a bargain...earlier in the year it was £129 on the High Street.
There is a newer version that is a lot more expensive, has a larger screen, bluetooth and available in a 16GB version too...I was going to get one until I saw the £200ish price and the increased size over the 818 so decided to buy an 80GB iPod Classic for £159.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Yeah - I see the iPod Classic has quite a following. 80gb sounds huge, but the price is over the 'not too much' limit. May look to the Sony unless anyone else has suggestions.

Top Bottom