Recommend me a cheapish filter coffee machine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rusky

CC Addict
OK, someone has cracked the jug on our coffee machine & a replacement is the same price as a new machine
icon_eek.gif

Have been to Currys & Comet with the mrs & she wasn't taken by any of them!

So I'm after one like the De'Longhi ICM2, she doesn't like anything too big as we're short on work surface.

Needs to hold at least 4 mugs so a cafetiere is out of the question. Let's hear your recommendations.

wafflycat

A BIG cafetiere, say a 12 cup one (1.5 litres capacity)? Should be able to get one for around the £20 mark, considering I've got a T*s*o one that cost me about £12 at that size.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Argos Cookworks Signature espresso maker 423/0560 at £39 (score 77%) is the cheapest of the Which? Best Buys, followed by the DeLonghiEC270 Coffee Maker at £72.70 (score 75%), if that is any help.

Rykard

Veteran
Tesco used to have cheap ones arond £15, these have a fairly small foot print, asda should have soething similar too..

Needs to hold at least 4 mugs so a cafetiere is out of the question. Let's hear your recommendations.
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but two cafetieres is the answer to that! With the obvious advantage that if you break one, you still have a backup! You may need an extra large kettle. Not everyone likes cafetiere coffee, but it's fine by me...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Filter coffee invariably overheats, which destroys flavour. Cafetiere coffee is much nicer - you can accurately control the temperature of the water (off boiling).Cafetieres are also much, much cheaper.

Wolf04

Filter coffee invariably overheats, which destroys flavour. Cafetiere coffee is much nicer - you can accurately control the temperature of the water (off boiling).Cafetieres are also much, much cheaper.

But filter coffee which is transferred to a thermos coffee pot is vastly superior to cafetiere IMO and that's after extensive testing. I once started the coffee thread don't ya know. :whistle:

OP
OP
rusky

rusky

CC Addict
The current filter machine doesn't get it anywhere near hot enough to destroy the flavour!

I bought a cookworks one some time ago for £4.99 and it's still going strong. Although it's abit cheap looking.

This one. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4233244/Trail/searchtext>FILTER+COFFEE.htm

As I say, cheap looking.

You searched for You are in:
  • Home
  • Argos Value Range Filter Coffee Maker. 1 result found
  • Email a friend
  • Print page
Argos Value Range Filter Coffee Maker.
423/3244
  • £7.79
rating.gif (86 customer reviews)
  • icon_isaltmc_lorry.gif
    Home delivery from 2 days
    icon_isaltm_lister_delivery_footnote.gif
  • icon_isaltmc_store.gif
    Reserve it now, subject to stock

• Check stock in your area
Add to your order...Replacement Product Care up to 3 Years £5-9.99. 883/2380£1.99
Details​
</h4>
  • Water capacity 1.25 litres.
  • Water level gauge.
  • Permanent filter.
  • 10 to 12 cup glass carafe.
  • Drip-stop mechanism.
  • Keep warm function.
  • Thermostatic hotplate.
  • Size H28.5, W16.5, D21cm.
You may receive a substitute of similar specification, but which is cosmetically

OP
OP
rusky

rusky

CC Addict
Already got an espresso machine that sits at the back of the cupboard!

I think I'll replace it with another delonghi, I just hope the jug doesn'tpee coffee like the current one!

Top Bottom