Recommend me a dash cam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I understand why people buy dash-cams 100%.

But also wonder why people who cannot / choose to / are unable to drive 'normally....and choose to break laws, drive like idiots,
flout speed limits etc - risk incriminating themselves too ? In this day and age where everything you do will be 'on film' - have you not committed yourself to being an absolute Saint by riding around with a dash-cam running........? :whistle:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Nextbase seems to have the majority of the market, I think.
I have a front and rear APE setup in the car which seems to work well though I've not has the necessity to need it.
I have a front Nextbase in the truck (no need for a rear cam as there's a bloomin' great trailer following me everywhere.)

Make sure that the camera has decent Night View capabilities, if you drive in the dark a lot, which I do.

My car cam is screen mounted behind the rear view mirror and plugged into the powe socket. I have thought of hard wiring but have not done it yet.
The truck cam is removed daily as I'm in a different one every shift.
If dash mounted, make sure it doesn't obscure your vision.

tom73

Guru
Nextbase are popular with motorhome owners they look a good buy. I've been looking at them for our van the best way to buy look's to be directly from them. They have direct only deals that seam a good bet, they also do home fitting.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not a Garmin Nuvi - I picked on up cheaply and it's a pain to connect to anything. The only advantage is that it's tiny.

Top Bottom