Recommend me a firewall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
...for Windows XP

And yes, I know it's no longer supported by M$... and no, I've no plans on upgrading to W7 or W8, or switching to Linux, Unix, buying a Mac etc...

Just recommend me a firewall for WXP... and maybe an antivirus too... Avast is just annoying.
 

TeeQue

Veteran
AVG for anti-virus.

Any reason you're not happy using the built in Windows firewall? I haven't used local firewalls for years but I used to use Zone Alarm.
 
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
...

Any reason you're not happy using the built in Windows firewall? ...

Never heard a good report about the Windows firewall so have always used third party firewalls. I used to use ZoneAlarm too, and am considering going back to it... I'm not overly happy with Comodo at the moment, more due to its annoying pop-ups than how well it works... just wondering what else is out there... for free of course.

Might also go back to AVG too.
 

HovR

Guru
Location
Plymouth
Never heard a good report about the Windows firewall so have always used third party firewalls. I used to use ZoneAlarm too, and am considering going back to it... I'm not overly happy with Comodo at the moment, more due to its annoying pop-ups than how well it works... just wondering what else is out there... for free of course.

Might also go back to AVG too.

I use Comodo (have done for years) and love it. Go in to the settings and there are multiple options to turn down alert frequency, works a treat for me. Haven't seen an alert for ages.
 

Davidc

Legendary Member
Location
Somerset UK
I use privatefirewall and am happy with it.
 
Top Bottom