Recommend me a fitness tracker watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza81

Über Member
Hi guys I'm looking at getting a fitness tracker watch there's so many out there I don't really know which one to choose

I'd like something simple to use with heart rate tracking, calories burned, just the basic things really

Any recommendations?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If you don't want GPS and are after just a simple tracker then something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G7MBP49 is very good. This is what I have for the kids and they seem happy enough.
if you want to actually get meaningful figures and track your performance then look at the Garmin Forerunner range.

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi guys I'm looking at getting a fitness tracker watch there's so many out there I don't really know which one to choose

I'd like something simple to use with heart rate tracking, calories burned, just the basic things really

Any recommendations?
I have a Fitbit HR, works fine...also as a watch

However, be aware that with any of these calorie counts are essentially a guesstimate, step counts are hit and miss** and HR rates should be treated with a large degree of caution if you have a medical condition!

**This was quite interesting
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/technology-48072255

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have a Garmin Vivoactive. Pricey but covers all the bases you mention. It has GPS which is very useful for tracking walks and I've found useful for cycling*. I'd be inclined to pay a bit extra and have the GPS function.

* I used to have a Garmin 810 with very poor battery life. The Vivoactive gave 10/11 hours recording time which was far superior and very useful. I now have a Wahoo so this issue is no longer relevant.

nickAKA

Über Member
Always go Garmin, end. I have an ancient vivoactive that I gave £50 for and it's brilliant for nearly 2 years; I'll be replacing it with a new one when it (eventually) dies. Garmin connect app is decent, GPS is great and the watch connects to all my sensors/HRM flawlessly.
A mate got the samsung watch for running only to discover it didn't like strava... WTAF? He got rid of it within a week and bought a Garmin, which he's delighted with.

Top Bottom