Recommend me a fitness tracker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Looks like my FitBit Charge2 has packed up (battery won't hold its charge, seems to go from 0-100% in a matter of minutes, and back to 0% a few minutes later. Tried resetting it... no joy)

The Charge 4 is £99 at Agros, which is about the maximum I'd want to pay.

I see Garmin, Huawei and other brands have entered the fitness tracker market... so any recommendations?

:smile:

I had a similar budget but I saw a fenix 6 reduced from £600 to £329 and succumbed. Can't really help you with your budget but take a look at blacks outdoors as they might sell cheaper garmin models at amazing reductions too.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

what's the battery life* like @newts?

*I know it varies a lot with what's switched on or off... my FB2 last about three days 'til i turned loads of features off, then got a good 10 days out of it

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
What functions do you need/use on your tracker?

I like Xiaomi devices, and my daughter has a junior tracker. For what they offer, they're for very cheap, but they are very much trackers, iyswim. This is the NFC version, take that away and cut a tenner from the price:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Smart-Band-Breathing-Resistant/dp/B09DCP4SVP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2J6E7A3ZVM8F5&keywords=xiaomi%2Bfitness%22&qid=1641114821&s=electronics&sprefix=xiaomi%2Bfitness%2B%2Celectronics%2C45&sr=1-3&th=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

What functions do you need/use on your tracker?

I like Xiaomi devices, and my daughter has a junior tracker. For what they offer, they're for very cheap, but they are very much trackers, iyswim. This is the NFC version, take that away and cut a tenner from the price:

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Smart-Band-Breathing-Resistant/dp/B09DCP4SVP/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2J6E7A3ZVM8F5&keywords=xiaomi%2Bfitness%22&qid=1641114821&s=electronics&sprefix=xiaomi%2Bfitness%2B%2Celectronics%2C45&sr=1-3&th=1

Can you chose different clock styles? I'm a sucker for an analogue clock face.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you don’t mind the colour, this Huawei is well discounted, 2 week battery life claimed
https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=L&...iundb025L1AhWRbsAKHRTBDGAQ5bgDegQIARBQ&adurl=
That said, looking at the reviews it might not have great gps so depends what you want to do with it…probabky a factor of getting what you pay for

newts

Veteran
what's the battery life* like @newts?

*I know it varies a lot with what's switched on or off... my FB2 last about three days 'til i turned loads of features off, then got a good 10 days out of it
3-4 days would be average, depending what apps are used. If you use GPS tacking about 1-2 days. I usually charge it every other night whether it needs it or not. I only use it for tracking when walking. Time & heart rate are the most used functions, occasionally to control Spotify.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

I'm thoroughly enjoying the forerunner 35... not Garmin's latest model but serves my needs very well.

Like many companies, Garmin are removing older versions of their software, so it was a bit of a parp finding a version of Connect that'll run on my Android5 phone. The app is far nicer than the FitBit one, although I'm not sure its sleep tracking is as accurate. The GPS mapping will come in handy when i start doing big bike rides again.... just hope i get more than a few years use out of it before it dies. :smile:

Top Bottom