Recommend me a good quality saddle bag for mountain biking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chipmonster

Dear All

Trying to reduce weight of my rucksack.

Normally I carry 3 tubes (i carry tubes for all of the group), tyre levers, chain splitter, allen keys.

Going to use the same bag for the road bike.

Thanks

Widge

Baldy Go
I bought a Carradice 'Carra-dura' Midi saddle-pack for my new Triban and it carries a tube, multi-tool,tyre-levers,mini-pump straps underneath)'be-seen' front and back lights and a 12mm 'better-than nothing' combination cable lock. I can also squeeze in my keys and a 10 pond note or credit card and small mobile 'phone.

Carradice quality is first-class and the (wiggle-I think) price beat everything else hands down. They do 'Large' as well so I'm pretty sure you could get your 3 tubes in with space to spare. The cable lock takes up most of mine.

Best

w

Crosstrailer

I use a Specialized wedgie, it carries a multitool, patch kit, 1 innertube, couple of SIS gels, an SIS bar and an iphone plus keys. Pump is fitted to the frame.

If you want to continue to carry 3 tubes you will need a larger bag like Widge has recommended above or get the others to carry their own tubes !!!!

Widge

Baldy Go
......I might mention that I also have a 'bbb' bottle-cage canister which contains my scrunched-up yellow waterproof....but is designed to take tubes 'n tools so there is another possibility if you want to extend your 'day-ride' but minimalist carrying capacity?

w

Top Bottom