Recommend Me a Rucksack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
My Berghaus Freeflow rucksack seems to be on its last legs, so it looks like I'll need a new one for commuting. What I like about the Freeflow is that it has a back system that keeps the sack clear of your back, so there's less of the sweaty back syndrome. What I don't like is the zips which have broken on it, which after five years of fairly light use is disappointing. Any replacement will need to have some back support which allows air to get the back (I'm rediscovering the joys of sweaty back syndrome!) and be durable, preferably not using zips to close the main compartment. Any suggestions?

vickster

Legendary Member
Deuter have an airflow system. Worth a look

Ever considered a rack and panniers?

Ganymede

Veteran
First I'd suggest you get onto Berghaus about the zips. They might be prepared to mend them. I had a jacket of theirs - the elastic became useless very quickly and they said they'd sort it. I never got round to it, stupidly, as it involved sending it away. Might be worth a try.

OP
OP
Wobblers

Wobblers

Euthermic
Deuter have an airflow system. Worth a look

Ever considered a rack and panniers?

Thanks. I've got panniers for the Galaxy, but I want another option for when I'm on the Caad 10. I'll have a look at Deuter.

First I'd suggest you get onto Berghaus about the zips. They might be prepared to mend them. I had a jacket of theirs - the elastic became useless very quickly and they said they'd sort it. I never got round to it, stupidly, as it involved sending it away. Might be worth a try.

Actually, that's a good idea. It's a few years old now, though it's only seen light use. As you say, definitely worth a try.

Top Bottom