Recommend me an electric shaver please .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
tell him real men wet shave...

1667482862601.png

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have used Philips for years. My current one is a series 3000 and the battery lasts me nearly a month between charges. Also it is a one hour recharge and can be topped up if required just before a trip away.
It also has clippers.
It depends on your particular beard growth and may not suit everybody. If possibly try different head types before purchase.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I have used Philips for years. My current one is a series 3000 and the battery lasts me nearly a month between charges. Also it is a one hour recharge and can be topped up if required just before a trip away.
It also has clippers.
It depends on your particular beard growth and may not suit everybody. If possibly try different head types before purchase.

I bought a Phillips one and don't get on with it at all. Gives me a rubbish shave and a rash. I think it really depends on the shape of your face, the type of your beard growth and the sensitivity of your skin so I agree with trying before you buy if possible.

I am absolutely evangelical about wet shaving with a safety razor but that wasn't the question. Wet shaving products can be used with an electric though, they're designed to be waterproof.

winjim

Smash the cistern
HMU if you're interested in a lightly used second hand Phillips electric shaver. It's a good one with the rinsy bath thing which I've never even used.

T4tomo

Guru
Surely real men use one of these, not those new-fangled safety razors?
View attachment 666779

...although I'm interested in any serious answers to the OP's question ^_^

My son started shaving with gillettes etc and then tried out my DE and liked it, so I got him his own. He has subsequently got himself a cutthroat n has taught himself to shave with that. I'm not convinced it does any better a job than the DE so I'm not tempted. I think they are probably better for barbers etc shaving someone else, rather than shaving yourself.

Wet shaving with razor blades rather than buying disposable razors is a game changer. Saves so much money.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I bought a Phillips one and don't get on with it at all. Gives me a rubbish shave and a rash. I think it really depends on the shape of your face, the type of your beard growth and the sensitivity of your skin so I agree with trying before you buy if possible.

I am absolutely evangelical about wet shaving with a safety razor but that wasn't the question. Wet shaving products can be used with an electric though, they're designed to be waterproof.

Some beards grow straight out and are easy to cut with all types of head I think but some grow at an angle and need a specific head type.
Mine also I think can cope with a wet shave but never tried it that way.
Electric is quick and easy and is good if away from home. Wild camping is only one example but I used a smaller disposable battery one for that.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Appreciated but it will be a gift Jim.

HMU?

Hit me up. ie contact me.

I'm not sure how appropriate second hand shaving gear is from a hygiene point of view anyway. I might give it to a charity shop and let them make that call.

Top Bottom