recommend me an undercounter freezer :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Yesterday saw the delivery of my new fridge!

The old one started dripping condensation onto the freezer below it, and needed replacing. However it turns out that the freezer is the cause of the condensation so that needs replacing now.

I'm looking for a standard undercounter size; 85cm high, up to 56cm wide.

Any brands to recommend or avoid?

Anything to consider? e.g. large internal capacity might mean thinner walls and therefore less efficient, maybe?

I did have a frost-free one many years ago but wasn't overly impressed with it... it still needed defrosting occasionally so didn't see the point of the frost-free feature, which uses more energy than a standard freezer.

TIA :smile:

PS, anyone need an old but fully working fridge? (surplus to requirement) :blush:

I've just (3 months) bought new undercounter fridge + freezers. I actually found it harder to choose what shop to get it from in the end!

I bought this one: https://www.direct-discounts.com/shop/brand/statesman/statesman-u355b-freezer/

I didn't find much between freezers tbh They aren't the most exciting to shop for and once I'd measured 3 times to make a standard size would fit (it does, barely lol) I got this one as I liked the colour. They all seemed to be similar in energy efficiency.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks for that @wiggydiggy. Got my eye on the White Knight one with a huge 103 ltr capacity*, but energy rating of F :sad: ... but a quick fag packet calculation puts an A+ costing £33 a year and that F at £40 a year.

Another question that some of our knowledgeable cyclist might be able to answer is... what causes a freezer to create condensation on the outside? Could the thermal lining have perished over time maybe??

*other sellers list the same model as 85ltr :ohmy: Maybe it's a typo, or they measure the outside and not the inside. my new fridge was supposed to be 70ltr but it's only 58 :blush:

Last edited:
Top Bottom