Recommend me an underslung top tube bar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Regal me of your experiences. I wish to replace a small rucksack with something on the bike for carrying a couple of items of clothing and a few extras. Have a saddle bag already for tools etc . Just something for those days when you need a bit more room.

Cheers

Ssd.

si_c

Guru
I use a restrap large framebag on all day rides. Holds a decent amount - legwarmers, armwarmers, waterproof jacket, shoe covers. Plus sandwiches, power bank, snacks and other small odds and ends.

It's got a big pocket and a slimline side pocket for cards, cash etc. Quite happy with it and the new version looks easier to fit to different frames.

Decathlon do a top tube bag with two compartments which lie either side of the bar that's really nice - slings over the top tube, fastens with velcro around head tube and top tube. I have the smallest one as I don't use a saddle bag (bike too small), but IIRC they do two larger sizes.

It's nothing fancy, but then again, Decathlon stuff is a "do exactly what it says on the tin".

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Just received my 4.5 litre one from Tredz this morning not opened just yet.

Please report back. I assume it won't get in the way of pumping knees when packed out .
Any extra pockets etc inside?

Hi Salty

Out of interest can I ask why you are thinking of one of these types of things (am sort of assuming you are intending it for day rides) rather than something rack mounted? Top bag or small panniers?

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Hi Salty

Out of interest can I ask why you are thinking of one of these types of things (am sort of assuming you are intending it for day rides) rather than something rack mounted? Top bag or small panniers?

I have no rack mounts on the two carbon bikes or the two mtb's and only need a little storage space. This will one bag to use on any bike. The single speed does have a rack.

Nibor

Bewildered
Here it is not put on the bike yet but this is it with a 3xl Altura Night vision jacket in it
IMG_20180509_201834.jpg
IMG_20180509_201842.jpg

Top Bottom