Recommend me some Bib Shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amaferanga

Veteran
nmcgann said:
I find these really inexpensive and good: http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ID=1428 (Santini Top).

The fit and quality is better than dhb.

+1

Got some of these recently and they're superb. I also have some DHB Earnley 3/4 bibs and the Santini are a much better fit and have a much, much better pad IMO. I find the Earnley bibs are a bit too stretchy so don't really fit very snugly. My DHB Merston tights for winter on the other hand are great.

jay clock

Massive member
whats the pad like on the Endura's Jay
Comfy. 180k on the Lanzarote IM bike route with no probs (we bunked off the swim and the marathon)

Niblox

Cheap bib shorts (or any shorts) can be hell - the padded insert in one of mine isn't stitched into the fabric correctly and I was out in the rain once in it. When wet, it began to chafe my backside and for a week afterwards I was putting baby nappy rash cream on it. Ouch!

Dry, it's fne, but you may need to mark some of your bib shorts "do not use in rain".

BLAKEY063

Dont get these Castelli Dome Due Bib Cycling Shorts, overpriced and rough.
For summer I have Nalini Caisse D'Epargne team colours. Material very comfortable. No thick bulging crotch making it look like you are wearing incontinence pads but still effective with reducing saddle sore.

Will1985 the CC quartermaster might have some shorts left send him a PM. They are Endura and are very good.

Top Bottom