Recommend me some bib shorts...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nufab

Über Member
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the moment for some bib shorts. I commute to work almost every day, but the bibs would just be for weekend rides. I've seen a few around £50, but I'm thinking of possibly spending a bit more if it means getting something a lot better that'll last longer and be better over long distances.

I've had a look at the new Shutt VR Pro Bibs, at £89, and was close to buying... But then I saw Ribble have an extra 10% off til tomorrow, meaning I could get some Assos F1 Unos for £92. Any opinions on these or any others are very welcome!

Cheers,

Chris

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

Slaav

Veteran
Hi guys,

I'm looking at the moment for some bib shorts. I commute to work almost every day, but the bibs would just be for weekend rides. I've seen a few around £50, but I'm thinking of possibly spending a bit more if it means getting something a lot better that'll last longer and be better over long distances.

I've had a look at the new Shutt VR Pro Bibs, at £89, and was close to buying... But then I saw Ribble have an extra 10% off til tomorrow, meaning I could get some Assos F1 Unos for £92. Any opinions on these or any others are very welcome!

Cheers,

Chris

I would have 100% said that the old SVR Bibs would have been perfect (for me) but the new Pro Bibs are brilliant - but slightly weaker in the straps and lighter weight. They will be my 2nd fave Bibs though going forwards. (I stretch the bibs as slightly tall for XL - smaller sizes will not have the same issues - and customer service second to NONE)

I now have 3 pairs of Bibs and a very comfy pair of shorts.

No doubt I will try a pair of ASSOS Bibs ar some point though - are Bibs the same as bikes? As in n+1?

screenman

Legendary Member
I like the Impsport clothing, the have been supplying the UK team for years so should know a thing or two. Nice thing is they will do a made to measure order if I remember correctly, I know they are doing some leg warmers at the moment for me.

amaferanga

Veteran
Craft Active are a real bargain at PBK at the moment. Craft clothing is top quality in general so the RRP of £60 even is a good price for what are great shorts. At only £24 they're a steal.

yello

If you can afford Assos then I'd recommend them. I have the F1 Milles and they are by far the most comfortable bibs I have. The most common complaint about Assos is price, very few complain about the quality.

I haven't tried Shutt VR but I have read many many good reports. Some saying things like they're 'just about as good as Assos'! My next pair (and, yes, it is n+1 on bibshorts too!) will probably be Shutt just so I can try them for myself.

yello

Craft Active are a real bargain at PBK at the moment. Craft clothing is top quality in general so the RRP of £60 even is a good price for what are great shorts. At only £24 they're a steal.

That is a darned good price.... so I decided to do a bit of reading. Craft are a good make and this bib is, I think it fair to say, in their budget range. That is, they have for more expensive shorts in their range!

I reckon they'd be an excellent buy for a commuting short, or for shorter summer rides. I'm not sure I'd be wearing them on a 100 though. The material and pad seem on the thin side and you may begin to feel that after a few hours in the saddle.

I'm sure the construction is excellent though and I reckon they'd be comfortable to wear. As I say, as a shorter ride bib I reckon you're quids in with them. :thumbsup:

amaferanga

Veteran
That is a darned good price.... so I decided to do a bit of reading. Craft are a good make and this bib is, I think it fair to say, in their budget range. That is, they have for more expensive shorts in their range!

I reckon they'd be an excellent buy for a commuting short, or for shorter summer rides. I'm not sure I'd be wearing them on a 100 though. The material and pad seem on the thin side and you may begin to feel that after a few hours in the saddle.

I'm sure the construction is excellent though and I reckon they'd be comfortable to wear. As I say, as a shorter ride bib I reckon you're quids in with them. :thumbsup:

I've ridden >100km in them numerous times and can't fault them. They're Craft's cheapest bib short I think, but like you say they make good stuff. Way better than any of the cheap stuff I've had previously from the likes of DHB.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I have tried various makes before settling on Mavic Sprints which I find great.

My first pair were bought very cheaply off eBay as the previous owner couldn't get on with them- which says it all about clothing!

these are they

http://www.ribblecyc...urce=Googlebase

ps for our older members the straps fall between the moobs rather than outside ;)

Manonabike

Über Member
Go for the Assos, thats a good deal and you won,t regret buying them. :tongue:

+1

I have a pair of the shuts vr and at that price I think they are expensive. They don't seem to last well and that is a worry.

Assos make great stuff so I would go for that if I were you.

Top Bottom