Recommend me some Interrupter Levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom B

Guru
The missus wants some Interrupter levers adding to her Road bike.

Can someone recommended some decent quality levers.

I've been looking at Cane Creek Crosstop but I've never had anything from them so would be keen to hear feedback I see some mixed reviews .

They're going on a Trek Lexa 2016.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The missus wants some Interrupter levers adding to her Road bike.

Can someone recommended some decent quality levers.

They're going on a Trek Lexa 2016.
Tektro RL721 if she has an oversize bar, come in silver or black, around £20 (Specialized do them too). I have the tektro on 3 bikes, no complaints

Bear in mind if she has a fairly narrow bar, she'll be tight on space for lights etc

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I use Tektro, which are fine.

Note that there are several versions
RL720, with a 24 mm clamp, for fitting away from the stem clamp part of the bar
RL726, with a 26 mm clamp, for fitting on the stem clamp area of standard (i.e. older) drop bars
RL721, with a 31.8 mm clamp, for fitting to the stem clamp area of oversize (i.e. recent) drop bars.

Google says that the Trek Lexa 2016 has 31.8 mm bars, so you'll want RL720 or RL721, depending on how close to the stem you want to fit the levers and how wide the stem clamp bulge is on the handlebars.

(There are also RL740/741 for V-brake/BB7 Mtn pull)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Cane Creeks are nicer aesthetically than Tektro, I have/use both, but there is naff all to chose in terms of functionality.

both double up with bar extenders quite well though fitting bar extender after the cross tops can be a faff, depending on a lot of variables.

Top Bottom