Recommend me some new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

Hi all I am after some recommendations on a new set off tyres
I have been using marathon plus tyres for years when ever they need replacing I have put new ones on
Nothing wrong with them I just fancy a change
Current tyre size 26x1.5
Mixed terrain touring plus heavy loaded touring at times
Any advice and recommendations greatly appreciated thanks

All uphill

Still rolling along
I think it depends on your tolerance to the occasional flat.

Our son commuted for years on Tannus solid tyres; heavy and slow but no p*nctures. His priority was getting to work on time and with clean hands.

I rode for a couple of years on Schwalbe Ones; fast, comfortable and light but I had about 1 flat per 1000 miles.

Now I'm on Schwalbe Marathon Racing tyres which seem OK and were relatively cheap.

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

I don’t mind the occasional flat at all takes me less than 5 mins to change a tube
It does always amaze me at the length people go to to to avoid getting flats it’s not that much of a hassle

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd say Continental Tour Rides are pretty much equivalent to Marathons and will give you a similar experience. I've had good results from them.
https://www.continental-tires.com/products/b2c/bicycle/tires/ride-tour.html

IMG_20230810_100229.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

I would probably say I am after something a bit more exciting than the marathons
I want to sexy my ride up in a a touring sort of way 😂

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

Sexy enough ?

Very ❤️

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Schwalbe Billy Bonkers Performance Clincher Tyre // 57-559 (26 x 2.25 Inches) Bronze Skin (but other widths are available)

I got mine off Amazon (seller is Baldwin Cycles) £20.99 each.

I bet if you shop around you could get them cheaper though

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

Marathon Plus have never let me down. They're not a brilliant ride - but do I want to have to deal with flats in the middle of winter ? Nope.

Never let me down either
Probably had marathon pluses on my main touring bike for 15 years just fancy a change something with a bit more feel

Top Bottom