Recommend me some shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manonabike

Über Member
thought about bib shorts?

http://www.tenn-outd...ens/bib-shorts/

then a pair of normal shorts over them if your not keen on showing off the lyrca

just started to wear a pair that i bought from decathlon (red padding), awesome fit and no sore back side!

That is a very good price but it seems that the pad on the front it's quite small. I have a pair like that and I don't wear them as they make me feel naked lol. The Shutt VR standard have the same problem, not enough padding on the front. The Shutt Pro are OK though.

I wonder how big is the padding on those DHB bibs, do they cover the bits properly? :biggrin:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If the padding is anything like that on the dhb shorts than yes. More than adequate :smile:
That is a very good price but it seems that the pad on the front it's quite small. I have a pair like that and I don't wear them as they make me feel naked lol. The Shutt VR standard have the same problem, not enough padding on the front. The Shutt Pro are OK though.

I wonder how big is the padding on those DHB bibs, do they cover the bits properly? :biggrin:

Manonabike

Über Member
If the padding is anything like that on the dhb shorts than yes. More than adequate :smile:

Thanks for that but the problem is that the same manufacturer might use different size padding on different lines..... I'm basically interested in the DHB Aeron Race and DHB Aeron Pro lines.

Perhaps the OP would be happier wearing MTB shorts if he doesn't feel comfortable wearing Lycra

postman

Legendary Member
Just arrived a pair of Tenn bibshots.3xl.Plain black.Fit perfect.15st 6lb 6'4"tall.Price just short of £17 postage free.Will go very nice with my Spesh touring sport shoe picked up at 1-00pm today.10% discount £62-99.
So i can say Tenn bibshorts a good punt.I like the weaved open back.

A problem with some quality shorts are the washing instructions..

Just bought one pair and basically recommends hand wash only....

After a ride this morning with rain, mud etc so much easier to dump in machine and press go :smile:

Adrian

D

Deleted member 1258

A problem with some quality shorts are the washing instructions..

Just bought one pair and basically recommends hand wash only....

After a ride this morning with rain, mud etc so much easier to dump in machine and press go :smile:

Adrian

Thats the trouble with the corinne dennis ones, need hand washing and drying out of direct sunlight. Like you I would much rather just chuck them in the washing machine.

monnet

Guru
I've got Giordana, Santini and Etxe Ondo shorts and they're all fine in the washing machine.

They're all pricey (in the £70-£80 price bracket) which I've seen amusingly called 'mid-range'. Which makes me think £200 for a pair of Assos is utterly stupid. However, I got a pair of £80 Giordana's in a sale for about £30 once. I thought 'worth a try, see what the fuss is about'. Turns out they're amazing by comparison to the £30 Endura/Altura type ones I was using (and they fit, Italian sizes do actually work for me!). Now I'm stuck with an expensive short habit. That said, given the amount of time I spend on a bike, they are worth it and they seem to last about 3 years.

My new gore shot/bib from Royale's sale are very comfortable, far more comfy than m cheaper pai but hand wash only :sad:

I will use them mainly for weekend leisure rides rather than commuting, but I need a couple more pairs for the week commute.

Adrian

Top Bottom