Recommend me somewhere to go camping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Northumbria, Lovely rugged coast, great heritage and friendly people. Plenty of hills too! Holy Island is fantastic.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Northumberland is practically empty, and crying out for a tent somewhere. Bring your bike too, coz it was invented for cycling purposes.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Edale in Derbyshire. Good riding for mtb and road bikes. Good walking. Good camping. Good scenery. Good pubs. All in that area of the peak district

OP
OP
R

Renard

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up going to Snowdonia for the first time in my life and managed several mountains :rolleyes:

Plax

Guru
Togley said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Ended up going to Snowdonia for the first time in my life and managed several mountains :rolleyes:

Fantastic. I was just going to suggest that! Not that I'm biased or anything.

OP
OP
R

Renard

I stayed in Llanbedr, Pwllheli and Bethesda. On the first day went up Yr Wyddfa (snowdon) from Bethania, next day was sight seeing around Port Merrion. On the third day walked up the mountain Moel Hebog from Beddgelert and the fourth day was a beach day down at the end of the Llyn peninsula at Porth Neigwl. On the fifth day did the north ridge up Tryfan and stepped between Adam and Eve which was interesting before doing a round of Glyder Fach, Glyder Fawr and Y Garn. On the way back went to Llandudno which exceeded expectations. All in all had a great week and great weather. Pity I had work hard when I got back as I had an exam to study for and a couple of assignments to do, buts that's all over now! :smile:

Top Bottom