Recommend some padded ladies shorts please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
My two year old Altura shorts have bitten the dust. The pad de-laminated and the gel pads came out.

Can someone recommend some padded ladies shorts, suitable for long rides?
I don't want a glued together pad again as this is what failed on a rather expensive pair of shorts.
I'm going to get my rides up to at least 50miles so they need to be comfortable enough to wear all day.
I ride on and off road.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
You may be lucky and still find some in Aldi as they had a cycling thing the other weekend. Worth a look. If you buy on line it may be worth a look as I think they sell online. The men's ones are ok.

vickster

Legendary Member
My two year old Altura shorts have bitten the dust. The pad de-laminated and the gel pads came out.

Can someone recommend some padded ladies shorts, suitable for long rides?
I don't want a glued together pad again as this is what failed on a rather expensive pair of shorts.
I'm going to get my rides up to at least 50miles so they need to be comfortable enough to wear all day.
I ride on and off road.
Check out Velovixen, they have a very active Facebook community where you’ll get good advice :okay:
Shorts are very personal, I’ve used Sugoi, Assos, Gore, Sportful (all bought reduced) for longer rides, never had a pad fail as you describe

OP
OP
Ratchet Cat

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
The Corrinne Denis ones look good. There are photos of the pads.
Why don't other sites have photos of the pads?!
Sadly our local Aldi had no ladies shorts for me to inspect:wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
The Corrinne Denis ones look good. There are photos of the pads.
Why don't other sites have photos of the pads?!
Sadly our local Aldi had no ladies shorts for me to inspect:wacko:

The manufacturer sites may do. The Velovixen/Stolen Goat range is popular if you want a thicker pad

Shorts are really personal.

I like the mid-range Decathlon jobbies for when I do ride padded* (actually, they're the MTB capri pants, but are the same as the road shorts more or less) and they're comfy for me.

Bought some Aldi shorts on the recommendation of a friend, and they're bloody ghastly. The silicone grippers are annoying and the pad feels like I'm wearing a nappy. :thumbsdown:

* unless I'm on the road bike, I ride unpadded more often than not. I got a saddle on the hybrid and MTB that fits my nether regions without the need for padding.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Can recommend bib shorts by Rapha, Stolen Goat, Cafe du Cycliste, Endura - have used all of these and the pads are very good

T4tomo

Guru
My OH bought some cycle gear via the gym as it was offered at crazy low price (end of range I think). The bib shorts we super comfy, so a quick pad inspection and google and worked out they were what Le Col put in some of their better range! (dolomiti I think) Hence bought some (maybe long leg thermal ones IIRC) in Le Col sale.

It is personal - bit of trial and error needed to find a pad that suits your arris.

rivers

How far can I go?
My go-to are the DHB classic range from wiggle- ridden up to 150 miles/day in them. The aeron range is a bit pricier, but also very good. Currently on offer for £35 and £40 respectively. Might be ordering some new shorts myself.

Top Bottom