recommend some replacement road tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
not ridden it yet, but the more i look, the more apprehensive i get about the tyres

Continental ULTRA Sport 700x23c

being used to Marathon+ on my hybrid - these look BALD...........:ohmy:

country roads here - with lotsa gravel edges
can you suggest a sort-of ''winter' tyre with more tread - maybe 700x25c..? that wont break the bank.?

thanks

Mo1959

Legendary Member
not ridden it yet, but the more i look, the more apprehensive i get about the tyres

can you suggest a sort-of ''winter' tyre with more tread - maybe 700x25c..? that wont break the bank.?

thanks
They don't have more tread, but do have good grip and are very sturdy.....Schwalbe Durano Plus. Got 7000 miles out of my last set and only punctured right at the end of their life when I stupidly carried on past a tractor cutting hedges!

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
That's cos they are bald- they don't need to have a tread pattern to work. The tyre will mould to the road and provide you all the grip you will need.
Gravel is a separate problem and is best avoided on corners.

Got a pair of Durano Plus 25c from here autumn 2012 prompt good service, looks like inflation has ocurred since then

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCHWALBE-...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3a8b4dae54

Still appears cheeper than CRC, (had to think what the letters stood for).
Never used anything narrower than a 25c in 25 years of road cycling and was surprised at how 23c's seem to dominate the market when I looked for the best deal on Durano Plus's.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

thanks
john they will be fine i wouldnt change them just yet get some miles out of them first

Top Bottom