Recommendation for guided cyling holidays in France or Switzerland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Veloscot

Über Member
I'm researching costs for doing a cycling holiday in Switzerland or the French Alps maybe next year. I think I'd like to go on a guided holiday - the kind that's all organised with accommodation and which you can share the experience with other riders. I'd like to go for a week, take my own road bike and do a grand tour or something - maybe the famous cols or ride across Switzerland. My preference is to start and finish in or near Geneva or Nice since I know I can get direct flights to there easily.

Am interested to hear from anyone who has been on a similar holiday - in particular if there's a specific guiding company you can recommend?

Apart from being pricey (but then again they all seem to be) I enjoyed my Holiday like that a few years back to Sardinia with Skedaddle and it was well organised, I recommend you check out them.

OP
OP
Veloscot

Veloscot

Über Member
Apart from being pricey (but then again they all seem to be) I enjoyed my Holiday like that a few years back to Sardinia with Skedaddle and it was well organised, I recommend you check out them.

Will do! Thanks mate. Yeah, I realise these things are expensive. Have just returned from a week's skiing trip to Courchevel which nearly bankrupted us!

andym

Über Member

I was also going to recommend Skedaddle also on the basis of a couple of trips with them to Sardinia (Naomi Lindfield is now running Skedaddle Italia) and other trips.

There are also lots of small-scale operations - usually operating out of a single centre.

andym

Über Member

I was also going to recommend Skedaddle also mainly on the basis of a couple of trips with them to Sardinia (BTW Naomi Lindfield who ran the tours in Sardinia is now running all of Skedaddle Italia).

Bear in mind that on a supported tour there will be (or at least for the best companies) two guides and a support van driver. I don't imagine they are very well paid, but that's still a fair overhead to pay before you start paying for food and accommodation.

There are also lots of small-scale operations - usually operating out of a single centre.

jay clock

Massive member
+1 for Skedaddle. I did Mexico with them in 2003 and they were great!

CTC also get good ratings, but I suspect a slightly older demographic

Top Bottom