Recommendation on tyre replacement for hybrid bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Two-Wheels

Thanks for the responses.

What about sizing? Mine are 700x35. I understand the 35 is the width but some tyres for hybrids I check out don't list x35. They're like x28 or whatever.

Should I disregard this & stick with what I've been on - x35? Haven't really experienced any other tyre to say whether anything else seems better/worse.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Thanks for the responses.

What about sizing? Mine are 700x35. I understand the 35 is the width but some tyres for hybrids I check out don't list x35. They're like x28 or whatever.

Should I disregard this & stick with what I've been on - x35? Haven't really experienced any other tyre to say whether anything else seems better/worse.

By and large, yes - 28s tend towards a harsher ride (less cushioning air) with little/no/negative effect* on speed over the ground.

*See lots of research and arguments on this, but by and large the super-skinny tyres that used to be thought essential to go quickly are a thing of the past.

OP
OP
T

Two-Wheels

Going to throw this one out to you guys before I open the thing up.

On the one hand I'm not too sure how they could've sent it via a postal service without folding it in some manner
But on the other hand, that's pretty mushed & I just wonder.

Would you expect this to be perfectly fine to fit & i'm just being daft
Or is that a bit too folded & could cause problems fitting as in it could've caused permanent damage to it?

Part of me feels like it's a daft question but another part is like when it's been folded in that manner for what'll probably be a few days, when it's something that you want to be perfectly round, could it cause issue....

20221008_112450.jpg

20221008_112615.jpg

OP
OP
T

Two-Wheels

It's what cycle shops do to post stuff out and it had never caused me an issue.

Yeah I thought it's probably the only real way

but when you get something that's been folded too severe or too long & you can't get it back to the shape it's supposed to be, I just wondered.

So I thought I'd risk being the one to ask a silly question while seeing what others thought.

Typical though, weather is supposed to turn again for tomorrow. :sad:

Jameshow

Veteran
It's not like the bead is kicked.

Brake and gear cables are wound much tighter.

OP
OP
T

Two-Wheels

Yeah I've got them fitted on now. First time I've changed tyres tbh.

So all things being well with the weather tomorrow, I'll be able to nip out & see how they perform (hopefully without me ending up over the bars due to some silly error I've made in fitting) :smile:

Top Bottom