Recommendations for a bb lockring tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been using an old multitool to undo adjustable cup lock rings but yesterday the pin broke off - something to do with me hitting it with a 7lb mallet I expect!
So what's a good lockring remover tool for me to buy? There's loads of really cheap ones around which don't look like they'll last 5 minutes. I'm drawn to the park tools double ended tool which is only about £14 from various online retailers, but I also like the lezyne classic chain whip with lockring tool since I currently don't have a chain whip either. Anyone had any experience of these or know of others?

midlife

Guru
I've got an Icetoolz jobby which I think was a fiver, I know they are not Park but I've got a few Icetoolz bits and they seem pretty solid:smile:

Shaun

Bobtoo

Über Member
I bought one of the Hozan ones that were recommended elsewhere. Not cheap but they do work well. A budget version can be made by filing a set of water pump pliers. Example listing- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOZAN-C-2...472663?hash=item4198dcaa97:g:zm8AAOSwgQ9VkyDp

$_57.JPG

I use an old 'G' spanner which came as part of the tool kit on my old MZ motorbike. I would have thought that there must be loads of them floating around somewhere.

Top Bottom