Recommendations for Portugal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Huw T

Hi folks

I run a site giving advice on cycling in Portugal - Pedal Portugal - and I'm really keen to expand it with recommendations from fellow riders, particularly for camp sites, accommodation, bike shops, mechanics etc.

If any of you have toured in Portugal and have any info you'd like to share then please let me know.

I'd particularly like any tips for good cycle-friendly accommodation in Lisbon as I've had a request for that info from a couple of Aussie cyclists who are planning a visit and I wasn't able to recommend anything specific. (When I first rode through Portugal nine years ago, my wife and I parked our tandem in hotel restaurants, stairwells, corridors etc and it was never a problem but I'd love to hear - and pass on - any alternative ideas).

Cheers, Huw

Fernando

Hello Huw, great to see someone promoting Portugal. I'm Canadian of Portuguese descent, and in the last couple of years, I've decided to return to my blood roots and live there more often then not.

I've obtained Portuguese citizenship and even registered an excursion business, based mostly on cycling, but also hiking. I am doing it for lifestyle, to be closer to family and the weather, as anything beats Canada (we still have a half metre of snow on the ground - April 3. I am completely fluent and specialize in Northern Portugal, Peneda Park, Braga, Ponte de Lima, etc etc.
Muito obrigado - e - forca!

Top Bottom