England : Lancashire Recommended cycling clubs near Blackburn

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adamskirover

Über Member
Hi guys. New recruit to the site. Been cycling since February and have racked up about 1400 miles to date including several sportives and a 3 day coast to coast trip. I'm now thinking it's time to join a local club to step things up a little and was wondering if anybody could recommend one near Blackburn. I've looked at a couple online but am nervous that they seem to be a little unsympathetic towards newbies. Any help/advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Who have you looked at so far?

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
Try the Blackburn & District CTC. They're more of a touring & leisure club but they'll make you welcome & someone may be able to give you some advice. A lot of CTC members do time trialling, racing and sportives so it's qute a mix.

Rumeigg

I,am a member of Clitheroe Bike Club. Like you I was Initially nervous about joining a club, but my experience has been superb.Made to feel very,very welcome and nothing but encouragement from all members.We have various levels of club rides, to suit all abilities and the club motto is 'No One gets Left Behind'.
Take a look at the club website
http://clitheroebikeclub.co.uk/
If you like what you see, then get yourself over to the Ribble Valley.
If you want to DM me for more info/ point of contact, then please do

David F

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hi guys. New recruit to the site. Been cycling since February and have racked up about 1400 miles to date including several sportives and a 3 day coast to coast trip. I'm now thinking it's time to join a local club to step things up a little and was wondering if anybody could recommend one near Blackburn. I've looked at a couple online but am nervous that they seem to be a little unsympathetic towards newbies. Any help/advice will be much appreciated. Thanks.

There is North Lancs RC based out of Whalley. I haven't been out with them for several years but a good bunch in the past.

Preston Wheelers - don't know much about this club

Ribble Valley - which I belong to but haven't been for a year. Good club, quite welcoming. A group is fast ride with one stop at most, sometimes no stop in winter. The B group usually stops twice, sometimes three times There is also a "steady" group which I think is a relatively slow ride. My difficulty is I'm stuck between A and B, can't keep up with the A group on the climbs but don't want all the tea and cake with the B group.

I think Clitheroe CC is connected with Ian from Ewood Bikes. If so I'd say there will generally be a good welcoming attitude and a lot of piss taking!! I have been thinking about popping down there myself

I bumped into them once outside the interchange - yes they seemed like a nice and healthily mixed bunch.

They did disappoint me though - I'm from Clitheroe but now live far away and I rather fancied one of their jerseys as 1: it's a nice classic design, 2: Sentimental/loyalty reasons.

But you have to be a paid up member to wear one apparently. :sad:

Top Bottom