Recommended Shoes for DMR V8 Classic Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
K

Kncowans

Hello all

I am just getting back on my Hybrid Bike after a 16 Year break due to my Health.

Before my hiatus I replaced my Flat Pedals with DMR V8 Classics due to my feet always slipping off the Pedals which was dangerous, and painful.

Can anyone recommend a type of Shoe that would work best with this Pedal?

I am not interested in going Clipless as I am only a Casual Rider.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anything with a firm but tacky rubber sole will do but the likes of Five Tens if you want to splurge a bit more.

OP
OP
K

Kncowans

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

So, would Trail Running Shoes be suitable?

Thanks

Kevin

The DMR pedals you have are excellent, anything with a stiff ish rubber sole will do. As above you could go cycle specific, Five Tens would be a good choice. Or save your money and use a pair of walking boots/shoes which you may already have.
^^^This. <My bikes have Wellgo LU987U pedals, they also have the pin-type surface. I use a stiff pair of DC trainers. The pins will eventually wreck any shoe sole, but it's better than getting your shins wacked!

OP
OP
K

Kncowans

Hello

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I was told that most shoes will grip with these Pedals, however, it seems as though I own the one pair of Trainers (Adidas Driving Trainers) that do not grip and actually slide on the Pedals.

I am currently looking at the 5 Tens and will see how they do.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
K

Kncowans

Hello all

Well, I have just received my Order of:

FIVE TEN FREERIDER DLX MOUNTAIN BIKE SHOES

The fit is fine, however, they are a bit stiff at the moment but they should soften up with use, hopefully 😀

Since I did not own any Trainers which are suitable I thought buying a pair of 5 Tens that I could use for Cycling and General Use was the best way to go.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Kevin

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
I have the very same pedals and contrary to opinion on here I find soft soled trainers to be the best. They seem to grip to the little pins on the pedals much better than anything with a firmer sole.

Top Bottom