Record Store Day 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Anyone buy anything? I picked up this 2-LP set by Captain Beefheart, it's an easy, accessible listening experience.

maFvxPrmVZLMKwfFeAzGlAw.jpg

http://recordstoreday.co.uk/

As Chris Tarrant might say..."Is that your vinyl answer?"

(A bit seedy, I know...)

U

User169

I'm getting a copy of the Ukrainians' 'A Short History of Rock Music' sung in Ukrainian.

I'm getting it from Len Liggins the singer/violin player in the band as I was busy looking at bikes in Bristol on Saturday.

uImageGenerator.ashx

Legendary Len!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Legendary Len!

Here's a track from the album

Svendo

Guru
I got 'The Heads - Nobody Knows' and 'Sundial - Other Way Out' at midnight Friday when they went online. Considered the Hawkwind releases but I'd have been getting duplicates and I've overspent on Vinyl recently.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3663422, member: 259"]Not from a record store, but I got a copy of Physical Graffiti for next to nothing second hand. One scratch on House of the Holy, but perfect nick apart from that.

@threebikesmcginty - don't know if you know, but Captain Beefheart's on the Whistle Test on BBC4 tonight.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I taped a couple from Friday night so I'll check this out.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
record store day is a dismal event when you live in a town with no record store :cry:

the nearest we have to a 2nd hand record store is the charity shop :sad: or a 20 mile treck to kendal or preston, which seemingly have one only each.

there's a 2nd hand DVD place that started selling new CDs since HMV shut down, otherwise it's Sainsbury's and both only stock chart stuff:thumbsdown:

it's a poor show. :blush:

anyhow, enough of my whining... is that a beefheart compilation or 2 beefheart lps? if so, which 2? @threebikesmcginty

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3663422, member: 259"]Not from a record store, but I got a copy of Physical Graffiti for next to nothing second hand. One scratch on House of the Holy, but perfect nick apart from that.

@threebikesmcginty - don't know if you know, but Captain Beefheart's on the Whistle Test on BBC4 tonight.[/QUOTE]

Just watching the Friday 70s one, Curtis Mayfield, absolute genius. :becool:

Top Bottom