Record Store Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz71

Über Member
Its RSD tomorrow,anyone queuing early to get any of the rare vinyl thats being released? People have been queuing outside my local record store (Banquet Records in Kingston) since 10.30am!

Not heard about this but my local vinyl shop has got an 80% off sign up so may well bob down in the morning for a ginder

AndyRM

XOXO
Last thing I got was Mastodon's Live at the Aragon. It was very disappointing. Have picked up stuff for friends over subsequent years but there's been nothing that has had me interested.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Every year, BBC 6 Music spend a week running up to Record Store Day taking to shopkeepers, punters, artists... which is great but somewhat annoying since Lancaster doesn't have an independent record store. We suffered for a decade in which Sainsbury's or Asda were the only new music outlets until HMV returned last year, but still no independent store... so no, I won't be celebrating Record Store Day :sad:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have a pile of LP's here,and loads of singles. They're just collecting dust. There's about 27 Rolling Stones LP's in the pile. There's a shop in Accy town centre that buys and sells vinyl. When i can be bothered i might take them and ask for a few quid for them.

I used to go to the local "electrical shop" on Saturday mornings and buy an ex-jukebox single,with the hole in the middle.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I bought some re-released Beatles vinyl albums last year, and in a fit of nostalgia I also got some old ones down out of the loft. After the initial enthusiasm wore off I remembered what a bloody faff the whole business of using a turntable was and went back to digital.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I bought some re-released Beatles vinyl albums last year, and in a fit of nostalgia I also got some old ones down out of the loft. After the initial enthusiasm wore off I remembered what a bloody faff the whole business of using a turntable was and went back to digital.
choose record, place on platter, put needle on record and listen... yeah... what a bloody faff

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have a pile of LP's here,and loads of singles. They're just collecting dust. There's about 27 Rolling Stones LP's in the pile. There's a shop in Accy town centre that buys and sells vinyl. When i can be bothered i might take them and ask for a few quid for them.

I used to go to the local "electrical shop" on Saturday mornings and buy an ex-jukebox single,with the hole in the middle.
Sell them to me, Accy. I will drive up to you and collect.
I am absolutely serious.

midlife

Guru
Unbelievable! We had to queue out the door...... Eldest bought Max Richter Blue Notebook among other things.

Sharky

Guru
Haven't heard about this event until now, but I'll be sure to nip down to my local Woolworths later, and join the queue at the record counter to hand over a few shillings in return for whatever is top of the hit parade.
Some good MFP's

Top Bottom