Recovering a saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm struggling to find a new saddle that's the right colour & price for my project.
Has anyone ever re-covered a saddle & any tips for doing so?

I have an oldish Iscaselle saddle that originally came on the bike, that can be a donor saddle :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not impossible - glueing the new 'hide' or cover is the tricky bit.... - the Tour riders quite often use Rolls or Regal saddles (about 15-20 year old design), recovered in plain leather....... but it's probably done at the factory....

montage

God Almighty
fossyant said:
Not impossible - glueing the new 'hide' or cover is the tricky bit.... - the Tour riders quite often use Rolls or Regal saddles (about 15-20 year old design), recovered in plain leather....... but it's probably done at the factory....

15-20 year old saddles ....I am surprised given the attention to detail at pro level that such old models are still in action.....heavy?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
montage said:
15-20 year old saddles ....I am surprised given the attention to detail at pro level that such old models are still in action.....heavy?

given that the uci weight limit means that race bikes can't be as light as it is possible for them to be, a few extra grams for a comfy saddle is probably a sensible option…

Top Bottom