Recovery tactics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
QuickDraw said:
Have you tried just going slower? If you keep the effort at a very comfortable pace, the sort of pace you can keep up all day, you should be able to boost your mileage and once you're comfortable doing 5 days a week you can go back to chasing those LEDs on the horizon and get your speed back.

This is exactly what I need to be doing now that I'm up to a 42mile round trip commute. It's very hard though!!!

And afternoon naps are great when I can get them in, but there's always just going to bed earlier and getting an extra hour in.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
gambatte said:
Todays a recovery day for me also. Hopefully back on the steed tomorrow.

On the positive side, by having a rest day I’ve missed cycling back in the rain that’s chucking down outside.:biggrin:

I would strongly recommend drinking something like SIS REGO when you get to work, I know there will be lots of people along to say that all you need is a glass of chocolate milk blah blah blah, but seriously, its worth trying.

Aha! I actually agree that it doesn't seem much different, but I still drink it because I like to think it has more good stuff in it! (And actually tastes better to me!?)

The strawberry flavour was horrible though, yuk yuk yuk, its all about chocolate :biggrin:

Top Bottom