Recovery Week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just cycle slower for a day or two.

Set off 10 minutes earlier and play by the following rules.

1) You are not allowed to overtake another cyclist. Ever. You will either get stuck behind someone slow and have a nice relaxing ride, or behind someone quick but you will not use as much energy because you are drafting them with no intention of racing.

2) No filtering past stationary/slow traffic. Will help with your speed discipline.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
I've been off work since fri and haven't been on my bike once. Decided to have a break from it been at it pretty much constant for a year and a half, been stuffing my face and drinking lots of beer,can say it's been bliss. Will try and get back in to it before the weekend, otherwise the regular comutte may come as a bit of a shock to the system!

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Well, back on my bike on Friday, and all was well. Saw a friend and stopped for a quick chat, and got held up at a couple of points, so no record time in, but no musche aches either.

Survived mentally too. On days when bike has been out of action, I've been like a bear with a sore head in the office. This week? Fine and relatively good spirits. I guess it is knowing that I had the choice, and chose to drive for good reasons.

Tues to Thurs- arrived sedately, and felt relaxed and composed.

Monday and Friday - arrived out of breath and hot, but felt energised and cheeky/rebellious.

Work rate? Office based, but didn't notice any difference in the amount of concentration I could put in.

Good thing? Yes, I'd recommend it to anyone with nagging muscle whinges or general fatigue. Two days maximum - third day didn't seem to be much use - but of course weekends offer the same benefit unless you are meeting up for a bit of hill bashing. Not getting that these days with running training.

Top Bottom