Recumbent gillet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuee147

@Scoosh iv just seen this on ebay it looks good light weight mesh lined so should be cool and loads of zipped pockets
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

ebay item number: 161284742638
its only £9.95 + £2.99 post
im thinking of getting it in grey i have some sew on reflective tape laying about i was thinking of stitching on a couple of strips on the pocket flaps for night rides.

stuee

byegad

Legendary Member
Velovision are trailing the next issue and are looking at recumbent specific kit from Reverse Gear. .

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
  • Does having a mesh lining make a gilet/jacket warmer or cooler ? :unsure:
  • Does the mesh lining help to retain heat or disperse it - especially given that my back will be permanently against the back of the seat ?
  • Does the mesh lining permit the sweat to run down better ? xx(

stuee147

i used to have a mesh lined shooting jacket and i found it did help keep me a bit cooler in the summer even when sitting against a tree or mud bank my back stay quite cool but then i wasn't really using much energy like you would while cycling. in theory the mesh lining is supposed to keep you cooler and cut down on sweat and help it to wick away from the skin. but in my experience it really depends on the outer fabric if its a type of fabric that will make you sweat like some of the man made fibers the mesh wont make a lot of difference but if its a cooler material like cotton the mesh lining helps to increase the cooling effect.

stuee

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you search for " Bachetta Jersey" you will see that Bachetta do a jersey with the pockets in the front. I really find my useful, even on the DF.

Steve

OP
OP
Scoosh

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Thanks to you all for your suggestions. :thumbsup:

I finally opted for a blue one of these and it had it's trial run on our CC Ecosse Islay Tour last week-end. It does exactly what I wanted it to, so very happy there .... :wahhey:

... however ... if you scroll right down the page, you'll see the size chart, complete with measurements. I ordered a Large, having carefully measured my other gillet and determined the size I wanted. So why, when it arrived, was it an XXL ??? :ohmy:

I queried this with them and received the following reply:
'Thanks for your message and for your information, we two size up to match it to western size and you can check it at description. 2XL size is only for Asian people. Hope you understand this situation. Thanks'

Why give an exact measurement, then ignore it ? :wacko:

Top Bottom