Recumbent Photo Thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Falco Frank

Über Member
Long gone now but Ricky was good fun to upgrade...
RIcky Marina.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
05230A9D-3B5C-407E-9C16-B2F2DAF877F0.png

a.twiddler

Veteran
OK then, I'll bite. Here is the Iowa Linear which I've had for not far off three years now. I rescued it from its previous existence as a bug hotel while languishing in the former owner's barn for ten years. If I had been an entomologist I would have become extremely excited while removing the remains of generations of former many legged and winged occupants from in and around the frame while I was getting it sorted.
I would like to say it flies but that would be such a terrible pun though it goes well enough considering the limitations of the power unit.
The Linear soaks up today's sun.
P1020765.JPG

It's been a gradual evolution while I found what worked for me. It doesn't look the same as when I bought it. Probably no Linear, or any recumbent, does. The brakes have been improved, 406 front wheel fitted, gears lowered, bar end shifters fitted, the frame stiffened with a Linear-made reinforcing plate. The frame stiffener makes a lot of difference. It's as near as I can get it to the improved Linear 2.0 which was produced in New York State until the modern CAD designed Linears started rolling out of the factory. It's probably the best an Iowa Linear can be, and deserves the title "Linear Limo". There's a lot of me in this bike. I suppose I'm about due to do a "three years with an Iowa Linear" post soon.
I must like it, as other bikes have come and gone and it's still here. It's the bike I ride, given a choice. Being that recumbents are as rare as they are, I haven't had much to compare it with.
The Linear in all its extravagant length.
P1020766.JPG

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Nazca Fuego (near TummelBridge)

8B7D39AA-11D5-4612-A0AE-977AB3EF2C8F.jpeg

yostumpy

Veteran

a.twiddler

Veteran
The weird and wonderful Sinner delta trike, though probably no more weird and wonderful than any other recumbent three wheeler. Two wheel drive via a two stage transmission and double freewheel.
A brake on each wheel plus handbrake. Rear suspension. Square tubing.
P1020781.JPG

Just been shopping.

Last edited:

a.twiddler

Veteran
Dawes Low Rider of which I had high hopes, sadly despite a seat back cushion and shorter cranks couldn't be made manageable for my short legs.
P1020460.JPG
Despite being in beautiful condition ultimately it was a failed project and was sold last year.

One thing I did learn from the experience was that Humpert Englischer bars make a good budget substitute for cockpit bars for those wishing to try and see if they like them without splurging on a recumbent specific (ie expensive!) one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom