Recumbent Trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm after a recumbent trike. I know it's s long shot but I have the go ahead from my consultant to get cycling again and due to the loss of use in my right leg and already being slightly paralysed down my left side, I am now needing a trike.

It can't be very low to the ground, but I can manage 39cm get up (hope that makes sense)
Must be able to take a rack and lights
Preferably a mesh seat
Low gearing
Must be a folder (our car is a saloon)

Happy to consider a hub gears,

Cash is waiting for right bike, but I can't get out from home, so will need plenty of photos, description etc

I'm 167cm tall, (5 ft 5½inch) slight to medium build and normal weight so don't need something like the Ice Adventure D, the standard Adventure would be fine.

Long shot I know. I am looking elsewhere as well...

Also try:

Velovision

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Have you given @mickle a shout?

There's a few listed on his website, not sure if any of them would be appropriate though.
I have previously spoken to him via pm. Nothing currently there that would suit me sadly. I need a touch of height in the seat and panniers are a must. Plus I will need to adapt it to take crutches, and potentially getting out of the seat aid.

Ash I see @mickle had replied quicker than myself! :thumbsup:

As a thought... have you considered a Kettwiesel?

The seat is higher and you can sit and swing legs round which is far easier

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
As a thought... have you considered a Kettwiesel?

The seat is higher and you can sit and swing legs round which is far easier
I had and one had just come up on eBay but is well over my price range.

Kevin at dtek thinks he can do me a modular build using my existing Rohloff hub and wheel and keep it inside my price range brand new, so I think I may well go with that now. It won't affect my Rohloff warranty either :smile:

Top Bottom