Recycled Cycling Sunglasses

Would you buy fully recycled cycling sunglasses, if they were available?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I wouldn't not buy recycled glasses, but I would prefer a more environmentally friendly option than just recycled.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I might, it depends.... are they in effect "new" glasses that are made from recycled plastic? Or are they glasses that are put together from recycled parts of existing designs, (so closer to "refurbished")? The latter, probably yes. The former, definitely no. I'd need to know more about it.

Drago

Legendary Member
You need to explain whst you mean by recycled? Do you mean repaired, cleaned and put up for sale, or melted down and new ones made? One can't answer until one receives clarification.

If you mean repaired and refurbished, possibly yes, dependent on price, style, etc. This is genuinely beneficial to the environment, leeping an already manufactured item in ise.

If you mean melted down to make spanking new ones, then no - it conserves materials to save new ones being dug out the ground, but conversely it uses more energy than refining new material, so there's no great gain, only the shuffling about of the losses from one source to another.

Last edited:
Don’t know about sunglasses specifically but I note that our local optician has been advertising spectacle frames which are

“made from recycled plastics found in the sea, such as fishing nets.” Range is apparently called “Coral”

seems like a good idea in theory but I note @Drago comment about energy overhead in recycling

Top Bottom