Recycling your Xmas Hat on Avatars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Some people on may be aware that I like to see objects recycled where possible. So please consider recycling your Avatar's Christmas Hat.

Please bear in mind that size matters. For instance Ratty, Buggi's Avatar, has a hat about 1" in diameter. Tug Boat has one about 14 feet in diameter.

Ratty could recycle her hat as fluffy bedding in a bird's nest next spring.
I will give Tug Boat's hat to the Sdrawkcab Snuremit People in northern Finland. It will provide a colourful and decorative tent in their snowy landscape. The pom pom could be used for cushions or pillows.

I would be interested to read of any other ideas for recycling Xmas Avatar Hats. It would be a shame to waste all that material.

domtyler

Über Member
Mad as a box of frogs!

Pete

Mine won't keep many toes warm methinks. Did you know that the smallest known beetle in Britain (called Ptiliid) measures a paltry 0.5 mm long? (looked it up). No? Just as I thought: you wouldn't be in the least bit interested in that bit of trivia. Never mind: perhaps Arch could unravel Mantis's hat and knit three pairs of socks - with the aid of her most powerful microscope!

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Pete said:
Mine won't keep many toes warm methinks. Did you know that the smallest known beetle in Britain (called Ptiliid) measures a paltry 0.5 mm long? (looked it up). No? Just as I thought: you wouldn't be in the least bit interested in that bit of trivia. Never mind: perhaps Arch could unravel Mantis's hat and knit three pairs of socks - with the aid of her most powerful microscope!

Thank you Pete, I was sure that my request would provide some interesting answers. Arch is now back, and may be interested in your suggestion. She says she likes knitting small items.

Thanks also to Buggi. I am a bit confused tho'. If Ratty's hat is small enough for her head, how is it also big enough for a hammock for her?

Mondobongo and Fab Foodie, although not the most inspirational of ideas, nevertheless it shows that you have given it some thought. :biggrin:

Must mention Jack, hope he finds it very tasty. Does he also like pig's ears?;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
Thank you Pete, I was sure that my request would provide some interesting answers. Arch is now back, and may be interested in your suggestion. She says she likes knitting small items.

I do indeed...

*Must not forget, Uncle Phil's Teacosies*

The smallest I ever knitted was on cocktail sticks, for a dolls house... Microscopic knitting though...;)

I will send my hat and socks to an elephant sanctury....

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mine was recycled in the first place;).... its one of those woolie caps off some innocent drink promotion. (Had to look in the kids doll's stuff to find it).

Top Bottom