@redfalo and the solo 300k....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
He'll dislike the glare of attention but here goes anyway:
@redfalo is doing a 300k ride, alone, to Germany. He should be there by midnight, having started about 4am. He is posting on Facebook occasionally. Sad old git that I am, I find following this is quite thrilling. It's a bit like following the 1,200k Paris-Brest-Paris ride, but 75 per cent shorter and with 4,999 fewer participants......

mistral

Guru
I was lucky enough to be part of Olaf's training ride last week - headed out to a small village in Suffolk - my edited ride report:

A big thank you for all involved in this epic race against time*, it made a big impact on me. I loved your company and support, I think it must be the speed, intensity and timeframe that made the lasting impression.

The pace was set early as we tore through the suburbs into the premature mid-summer gloaming. That hot damp night will remain fresh in my memory, as we sped through the darkness, lightning sparking on the distant horizons

It was also slightly surreal to be repeatedly separated from Andy, Ed, Tanya - only to see them reappearing out of the darkness time and again as the (Olaf's) three punctures were resolved.

I set off from home at 5pm, I did 176 miles in total in around 15 hours! I’m still amazed.

Heres some more reliable stats courtesy of Michael A: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/541976197

* we had the 8:30 am train to catch from Stowmarket

anothersam

SMIDSMe
The pace was set early as we tore through the suburbs into the premature mid-summer gloaming...

Gloaming is such a great word. Tearing it completely from its moorings, I imagine a creature from a Roald Dahl landscape. Something like this:

dahl.jpg

Sorry, I meant this:
thegloaming.jpg

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
It would be interesting to see how fast he'd be on a proper fast bike. Certainly he had a quick go on a titianium one after Southend.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Well done Olaf.
Moultons, and Dahons, and Terns, and Bromptons, are clown bikes because they make people who doubt their capabilities look like clowns.

Proper fast bike? Well, obviously you mean one of these ;)
moulton-speed-main-01.jpg

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
It would be interesting to see how fast he'd be on a proper fast bike. Certainly he had a quick go on a titianium one after Southend.

He was very quick on mine on the Friday's Tour and, AFAIK, he's getting a grown-up's full-size bike before we go audaxing in the Peak District.
Ulp.

BTW: Great effort Olaf :thumbsup:.

Top Bottom