Reflective thing fell off my front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll say take them off - more a problem with wheel balance, especially if you go at a fair speed - front end 'shimmy' isn't pleasant at 40 mph.....

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
I'll say take them off - more a problem with wheel balance, especially if you go at a fair speed - front end 'shimmy' isn't pleasant at 40 mph.....

Yeah,thats normally the type of speeds i get to too;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Col, there is a hill near me that I use when going to/from home when training - it's a 40 descent - that's without pedaling ! Bit of a bugger getting up it after a hard training session....

col

Legendary Member
fossyant said:
Col, there is a hill near me that I use when going to/from home when training - it's a 40 descent - that's without pedaling ! Bit of a bugger getting up it after a hard training session....

We have something similar,called neasham bank,bit of a bugger before a training session for me:smile:

Dave5N

Über Member
fossyant said:

:sad: Try pedalling then, you lazy slowcoach, and you might get up to a reasonable speed! B)

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
The ones on my bike are left on, I ride at night so that is the only reason. There going to be taken off in the summer, or if they fall off.
Unbalence the wheel? I had my bike up to 44mph and they never unblanced the wheel then, it went along the straight and round the courner good.

fossyant said:
Nah, don't fancy setting my crotch on fire ! :eek: That's some RPM on a 53 x 13

126rpm in fact

OP
OP
L

littlered

I was worried that it had fell off and that I really needed it one on my wheel. So now I'm not that bothered. Thanks for the help.:eek:

barq

This sounds like a very bike/journey specific topic. I wouldn't be seen dead with them on my MTBs - given the number of sticks my wheels pick up I'm sure they'd get shattered quickly enough. On my commuter bike I've put spoke reflectors on because I encounter quite a few roundabouts where the side on visibility seems important.

I do have some LED valve lights which are pretty but alas not legal. The fact they are flashing blue makes me especially cautious! :tongue:

simonali

Guru
I've taken mine off tonight. Front one almost fell off when the clip snapped with just a little pull, but the rear one put up a hell of a fight!

As I've said, reflective sidewalls are a possible future upgrade.

Top Bottom