Regional sections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gillelive

just a quick question, have been using the forum for a while now and found the help from people really useful but what i haven't spotted are regional sections, for example a NW or SE section, are there any, if not why and apologies if this has been asked before......

cheers

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

quick bump, anyone know anything about regional sections on the forum, think it would be good for local items similar to the post by biglad on his first long ride........

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

No need, everyone knows that no one outside of London rides a bike! ;)

Seriously though, it could be a good idea to have a local section...

I know there appears a heavy southern presence on here, no offence to anyone, but I have found regional sections useful on other non cycling forums - it can be good to arranage local meets or discuss local routes, just a thought....:biggrin:

Norm

's funny, I thought most of the cyclists here were from Birmingham, Manchester or Edinburgh. :biggrin:

Personally, I don't like anything that creates seperation, I like to read about and see pix of everything from everywhere. Aside from anything else, seeing bits from other areas inspires me to get out there.

Have you spotted the Member Map?

Shaun

Founder
I may add some regional elements to the "Rides" section when I review it later this year.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, while you are waiting ... there are a lot of us in the NW-ish and we do a lot of rides together. Which bit of the NW are you in?

PS I looked at your other posts - Liverpool isn't it! Well, you've got Alun out your way. He regularly comes over here for my forum rides.

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

yes, Liverpool for me....

regional sections good for lbs info, routes, meets etc. just a thought, i will leave it to the mods to consider....

oh, just thought on, when i say regional i mean just NW, NE, Mids etc. no need to go more local.....:thumbsup:

snorri

Legendary Member
If we are going to have regional sections, please give them names befitting their national (UK) position. When I see reference to North West I expect to read something relating to Scourie or Kinlochbervie and not some place much further south.:biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If we are going to have regional sections, please give them names befitting their national (UK) position. When I see reference to North West I expect to read something relating to Scourie or Kinlochbervie and not some place much further south.:biggrin:
Well, 'East Coast' isn't exactly laser-targeted either, is it! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

Not sure if this would satisfy all regions, also not sure what the numbers of forum users are to warrant this but thought it may help the discussion.....so how about this used by another forum:

ignore the links you are only aloud in to the regional section if you are registered and logged in....

subforum_new.gif
North East
subforum_new.gif
Yorkshire
subforum_new.gif
Lincolnshire
subforum_new.gif
North West
subforum_new.gif
East of England
subforum_new.gif
Central
subforum_new.gif
South East
subforum_new.gif
South Central
subforum_new.gif
South West
subforum_new.gif
East Midlands
subforum_new.gif
West Midlands
subforum_new.gif
Scotland
subforum_new.gif
Wales
subforum_new.gif
Northern and Southern Ireland
subforum_old.gif
International Forum

Norm

Or, we could have one that covers "UK and the rest of the World" and... well, just that really. :biggrin:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
You'd also have the problem of what area some places are in.

Where I am I seems to be part of the North West and North East of England or the Borders depending on who is doing the dividing up.

Top Bottom