Reheating chicken?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
Personally I wouldn't

gbb

Legendary Member
If the the curry leftovers were refrigerated promptly...no problem IMO.
If you had rice with it...i wouldn't reheat the rice. If allowed to spoil in any way there is a bacteria that can potentially develop that reheating, however hot, will not kill.

[QUOTE 4985577, member: 45"]I haven't cooked it yet. It's in the pan now.[/QUOTE]
Proper cooking will kill most pathogens, so it's basically the same as cooking it the first time. Ie pretty safe. Put the leftovers promptly in the fridge or freezer once you take them off the heat.

pawl

Legendary Member
Yes do this regularly
I am currently writing this on the loo.Just joking about the loo

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Proper cooking will kill most pathogens, so it's basically the same as cooking it the first time. Ie pretty safe. Put the leftovers promptly in the fridge or freezer once you take them off the heat.
That's only partly true. Whilst cooking will kill bacteria it doesn't kill the toxins that might have been released while the food was tepid for a period of time. This is how the old rice sickness occurs.
The truck is to heat food to piping hot quickly and then cool quickly afterwards. Don't let it hang around, get it in the fridge pronto. You can then heat and cool many times without issue.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's only partly true. Whilst cooking will kill bacteria it doesn't kill the toxins that might have been released while the food was tepid for a period of time. This is how the old rice sickness occurs.
The truck
is to heat food to piping hot quickly and then cool quickly afterwards. Don't let it hang around, get it in the fridge pronto. You can then heat and cool many times without issue.
How much rice do you eat!

To answer the question first asked, no problem with eating it.

Top Bottom