reiki

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Dunno, but I had a sports massage last week and although it hurt like buggery I did feel about a foot taller once he pushed out my spine. The first time always hurts apparently.

That doesn't help you with your reiki but it gives me a chance to tell everyone about my massage :-)

wafflycat

http://www.reikiassociation.org.uk/3.html

"The method of receiving a Reiki treatment from a practitioner is a very simple process. The recipient simply lies on a couch and relaxes. If they are unable to lie down the treatment can be given in a sitting position, the main thing is for the recipient to be as comfortable as possible. There is no need to remove any clothing as Reiki will pass through anything, even plaster casts. The practitioner gently places their hands non-intrusively in a sequence of positions which cover the whole body. The whole person is treated rather than specific symptoms. A full treatment usually takes 1 to 1½ hours with each position held for several minutes."

Seems to suggest you pay for someone to place their hands on you, think about making you better, so they 'channel energy' to you, and you have to pay for the privilege.

Hmmm.... sounds like the placebo effect at work.

But, hey, if it works for you.

Maz

Guru
wafflycat said:
Seems to suggest you pay for someone to place their hands on you, think about making you better, so they 'channel energy' to you, and you have to pay for the privilege...
Maybe you can place your hands on the healer and make him feel richer.

Give the Reiki a go. It may work for you.

My bro-in-law had an oriental treatment that involved the healer not even touching him, but sort of waving his hands over him in a mystic way to cure his migraines and some other stuff, and he said it worked for him.

Johnny Thin

I once did a basic course in this - it was a very nice 'social' group activity, take it in turns to lay hands on other members of the group. You're supposed to be able to heal eg relationships retrospectively through it, and the amount of money you pay for the 3 levels - basic, teacher and master - is supposed to be integral to the "energy flow" that is awakened. It's often done by people in other healing disciplines as a sort of ancillary thing. They also said that doing the course would get you into touch with what you really want to do with your life - I started practising the violin like mad again, and must now be one of the world's most accomplished amateurs. But my daughter always says I have really warm hands.

If you're getting personal attention from someone for an hour that's something we don't get every day and is 'really nice', so you pay for it of course, but you might also prefer to get personal attention from a "masseuse" with extras, whatever floats your boat!

domtyler

Über Member
Quote from Wikipedia:

"Reiki is a form of spiritual practice used as a complementary therapy for the treatment of physical, emotional, and mental diseases."

You Mac fiddlers really do love throwing your money away don't you? :wacko:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Keith Oates said:
Give it a try and let us all know the answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so much for eastern wisdom :thumbsup: :wacko:

Tetedelacourse

The effectiveness of the treatment is questionable but it feels nice and you will be relaxed. I've had it and it was good but I don't think it cured my various ailments at the time!

It definitely has a calming effect on kids too!

Give it a bash I say, but for God's sake don't ask if they do "extras".

Fiona N

Veteran
Reiki always has very suspect connotations in my mind since an acquaintance of mine (male) used to use it to lure young (and prbably a bit naive) ladies to his flat. He would assure them Reiki didn't require them to remove any clothing - and he is charming and personable enough that the offer doesn't seem irredeemably slimey - but after a pleasant evening with a glass of wine we would assure them that a spot of Shiatsu would work even better - and, of course, this is much easier to use if there's no clothing in the way. And so on...

Anyway, none of them complained - well not until they found they were only one of a bevy of ladies enjoying my acquaintance's ministrations...:wacko:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Tetedelacourse said:
The effectiveness of the treatment is questionable but it feels nice and you will be relaxed. I've had it and it was good but I don't think it cured my various ailments at the time!

It definitely has a calming effect on kids too!

Give it a bash I say, but for God's sake don't ask if they do "extras".

well it's at work, so they probably won't offer them.

just got an email to say it's all booked up. there must be plenty of highly astute/gullible people here :wacko:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Call me a cynic, but it's a load of cobblers really. Feeling relaxed will make you feel better. Have a cycle or a run, eat some scran, watch "Ashes to Ashes" with a glass of red. Sorted. :wacko:

Top Bottom