reiki

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

papercorn2000

I think it's all based on The Force. Go for it, she may lean over a bit so you get to peer down her top. That should make you feel better!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
I thought you meant 'sushi' at first! :wacko:

A friend of mine is very involved with reiki, and she thoroughly recommends it. £7.50 isn't bad either!

It would be a real bargain for sushi too - I could eat way more than £7.50'sworth of sushi in 45 mins...

domtyler

Über Member
Maybe you should call in at the local massage parlour and ask for a £7.50 lunchtime special? (All you can eat? :wacko:)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
domtyler said:
Maybe you should call in at the local massage parlour and ask for a £7.50 lunchtime special? (All you can eat? :blush:)

Will they issue a receipt for claiming back as expenses ? :biggrin:

I've had it 3 or 4 times. I'd say it was just very deep relaxation, which does have a tangible effect on the way you feel that lasts for a while afterwards. But during the treatment I was saying to myself 'what a load of arse this is'...I probably wouldn't have it again but at the time it made me feel better.

During the treatment I also had the pleasure of having my chakras unblocked with a pendulum. Bizarre.

Actually if there's any complementary therapy which is worth doing it's Indian Head Massage. That is powerful stuff!

papercorn2000

Kirstie said:
I've had it 3 or 4 times. I'd say it was just very deep relaxation, which does have a tangible effect on the way you feel that lasts for a while afterwards. But during the treatment I was saying to myself 'what a load of arse this is'...I probably wouldn't have it again but at the time it made me feel better.

During the treatment I also had the pleasure of having my chakras unblocked with a pendulum. Bizarre.

Actually if there's any complementary therapy which is worth doing it's Indian Head Massage. That is powerful stuff!

You look lovely today Kirstie, have you lost weight?
Right there you go, that was a complimentary therapy session a la papercorn and I didn't even use it as an excuse to make you take your clothes off. Righto, that will be £15 please.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We had an employee who was a Reiki master and she offered me a session once (Where's Fnaar?). She told me that it wasn't necessary to actually touch the punter which made me suspicious of its claims. Massage I can believe in but virtual massage of the soul? Hmmmmm....I think not.
She also charged £30 to not touch you.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It is bollocks in the sense that there is no physical evidence for it 'working' in the way that it claims. However like many of these things, just the relaxing effect and the fact that someone is paying attention to you is nice. Whether it's worth paying for is up to you. If you do yoga or meditation you can get exactly the same effect on your own (and more)...

When I was younger, I used to go out with a (rather older) high-level Reiki master. She was mad as batshit and used to like us to watch Robin of Sherwood before going to bed, because I looked like Michael Praed...

Top Bottom