Release dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

inkd

Sorry if i`m a bit previous but I was wondering what dates/months in the year do the next year models get released?

IIIRC it's usually from around about August/September ish.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Do bear in mind that release dates are one thing and actual availability dates are another eg Cube announce a whole swarm of new models every year but they don't arrive for a long time after that.

vickster

Legendary Member
Normally September as above. Then the deals start to appear on the outgoing models

Chap in the Giant store told me they normally see the new models arriving in August, some of the higher concept stuff earlier

vickster

Legendary Member
Could be a good time for a 2013 model bargain if they accept the vouchers on a discounted bike :smile:

Normally September as above. Then the deals start to appear on the outgoing models

Chap in the Giant store told me they normally see the new models arriving in August, some of the higher concept stuff earlier

Good news as I have decided to go for a Defy 3 when 2014 models come out instead of a full carbon

Quite a different price range?!

I was unsure whether to full carbon as I only really commute by bike and the odd ride on day off's so thought carbon was a bit of overkill and when I sat on a current Defy 4 at LBS I thought it looked fantastic and was way ahead quality wise of my Viking and its Ali frame-Carbon fork I thought it was an excellent compromise (and if Mrs V found out I'd spent 1200 quid on a bike well............)

vickster

Legendary Member
I do like the tiagra on my avail 2, equivalent of the defy

Mine is fully commuterised with rack and guards, much more complex with a carbon frame

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

I was looking at the Defy3 and like you 95% will be commuting. What mudguards would fit? crud 2 raceblades?

I think they would fit but giant do some similar specific ones. I might invest in some of them myself as current bike has none and gets mucky a lot!

vickster

Legendary Member
My avail has cruds, do the job but pretty flimsy and prone to rubbing on 25 mm tyres at least . Jefmcg has the giant guards on hers. A bitch to fit by all accounts. Get the lbs to do ;)

Race blades do not fit, as cycle surgery tried them before the cruds when fitting and also the cromoplastics I think

Top Bottom