Remoska

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We originally got one of the early ones for the camper as we stayed on a site for a couple of months once due to a family illness. My wife had Parkinson’s and washed the top in the sink once and I could not get it dried out easily so dumped it.
Now on my own I have one for the house. Useful for nearly everything from meat or fish to baked potatoes, stew, pizza, sausages, bacon etc. The only thing it does not seem to do well is eggs. Nearly everything takes about an hour tho’ pizza is quicker. I have a stainless steel tin which fits inside nicely and makes cleaning easier.
Not cheap but really useful. In the motorhome the low power consumption was good.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The MH fraternity rave about them. If we were not as short of worktop space as we are, I'd certainly get one for the economics of operation compared to an oven.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yes, the Remoska is one of the few kitchen "gadgets" we have bought, and, subsequently, actually used frequently.

We use it both in our Motorhome, and, at home.

Excellent bit of kit, IMHO. ;)

Will watch with interest.

I used to be very good pals with the chap whose mum first brought these things into the UK.

Always had the idea that they were pretty cheap back in their home country - an old eastern block kitchen favourite.

May investigate more.

Cripes £150.

Bet I could have picked one of for buttons in my youthful eastern bloc wanderings - to pair with the teapot I bought from GUM and my Hungarian coffee maker complete with a lifetime's spare bits that looks like a mini pig iron smelter.

at that price surely there are more modern and far cheaper "mini ovens"?

Seem to remember that Aldi does such things now and again.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Will watch with interest.

I used to be very good pals with the chap whose mum first brought these things into the UK.

Always had the idea that they were pretty cheap back in their home country - an old eastern block kitchen favourite.

May investigate more.

You are quite right.

To the best of my knowledge, Lakeland have "sole rights" to sell them in UK, and they are well over £100!

They are much cheaper in mainland Europe, although, of course, they then have a Continental two pin plug, rather than a British three pin type.

OP
OP
oldwheels

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It may well be just a design feature but the recent models look much better than the original. The first one we had looked a bit tinny and I was not terribly happy about the electrical connections as they were exposed to steam. We developed a rule that we never touched it unless it was disconnected from the mains supply. Never heard of anyone getting electrocuted but we were certainly determined not to be the first.

Top Bottom